You will have a relevant academic qualification and a full and valid driving licence. You must demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to work proactively with parents, players, club coaches and club officials.
You will work on behalf of the club and its partners to develop the existing thriving development structure within Orkney Rugby Club and ensure that the club remains vibrant and is at the centre of sustainable rugby development in its surrounding community.
You will report to the club Management Group which consists of representatives from Orkney RFC, Orkney Islands Council and Scottish Rugby.
- Increase playing participation at Orkney RFC and local schools across all age groups.
- Support the implementation of club development plan.
- Work in partnership with a range of agencies to raise the profile of rugby in the local community.
- Deliver high quality coaching sessions to club and associated cluster schools and community groups.
- Organise and facilitate opportunities for developing club coaches.
- Assist with recruitment, retention and development of all club volunteers.
- Support the development of the club’s players through individual performance programmes.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Driving Licence
- Access to transport
- UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or equivalent
- Sports related degree/qualification or relevant experience
- Coaching rugby across a wide variety of age bands and groups
- Experience of working effectively with partners
- Experience and knowledge of working with volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of issues effecting rugby clubs
- Knowledge and understanding of sports development pathways (LTPD)
- IT skills and experience
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Excellent organisational skills
- Well developed communication skills
- Ability to prioritise competing deadlines and projects
- Ability to undertake flexible working hours
- Satisfactory Disclosure Scotland
- First aid certificate
- Level 3 UKCC Coaching Qualification or equivalent
- UKSCA Level 1 Qualification or equivalent
- Referees level 1 Qualification
- Experience of working in a sports development environment
- Knowledge of national sporting/physical activity initiatives & strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of rugby development pathways
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues and policy.
- Leadership skills and a positive role model
- Experience of sourcing and securing funding
Closing Date: Applications are now closed