The CPO role is an important one and should cover the following broad areas:
- Work with other members of the club to ensure that children enjoy a welcoming, safe, friendly and helpful environment.
- Ensure the club has a Child Protection/Safeguarding Policy that is available on the club website, available on request and understands the principles in the policy.
- CPO name and contact details are visible in the clubhouse, on the club website and that they are visible and approachable at the club (within reasonable parameters).
- Complete the relevant child protection and safeguarding training within 6 months of their appointment
- CPO must be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme which links them to their club
- CPO to manage the PVG Memberships within the club. Any person carrying out REGULATED WORK must have a PVG number which should be notified against the Youth Coach listed in the active coach list. (details of the PVG process follow below)
- CPO should keep a record of all PVG numbers
- Take responsibility for dealing with concerns, contacting the relevant people to take forward – either through Scottish Rugby Safeguarding team, NSPCC/Children 1st or Police Scotland if required.
If you are interested please contact John Cairns Club development officer on email@example.com or 0758467834 or contact club chairman Gary Nicolson on O7872 579850