For that reason I would like you to confirm to me by email or on O7718389454 so that it is clear who fancies it.
It's going to be a great weekend and a chance for ORFC to make a big contribution. The Rugby event is part of this fundraising effort https://www.strive.buzz led by Westray Exile Willie Tulloch and is also being advertised here https://www.myname5doddie.co.uk/events/
The Basic itinerary is as follows:
- Meeting in the Marine Hotel in Stonehaven at 7pm on Friday 24th August http://marinehotelstonehaven.co.uk/ - beers, food and catch-up.
- Accommodation is being provided for us in Stonehaven on both the Friday (if required) and Saturday nights by the event organisers - please confirm what nights you need when you reply to me.
- Saturday 25th 10-11.30 am - Kids coaching session at Mackie Academy for those who can.
- 12noon Meet for Vets Tournament for those playing - Option to arrive at this point if you can only make the Saturday.
- 1-5pm 15 a-side, Over-35s Tournament. Teams include King Penguins, Orkney, Aberdeen 'Select', Mackie RFC, Pigbarians RFC, Highland RFC, Howe of Fife RFC and Strathmore RFC.
- BBQ all afternoon and beer tent sponsored by local brewery 6 degrees North https://www.sixdnorth.co.uk/
- 8pm ish - All teams back to Marine Hotel for more drinks and evening of fun and games in Stonehaven.
- Sunday - Breakfast followed by a refreshing dook in the heated open-air swimming pool at 11am with the King Penguins http://www.stonehavenopenairpool.co.uk/opening.html
- Depart for home either by flight or ferry
The event has been a while in the planning and they're done a great job so I'd encourage you to come, have great time, contribute however you can to the day (playing, coaching, or drinking in the tent) and be part of the ORFC support to Doddie's charity effort.
I'm acting as the team organiser so my main focus is to get enough guys together for a team and I may even extend that efforts to helping arrange travel, but as you are big boys now, I am sure that you could arrange that yourselves! So far some people have confirmed that they want to fly down on the Friday so that they can enjoy the Friday evening as well, but others are planning on taking the boat on the Friday night, then the train to Stonehaven, which is also absolutely fine.
So if you haven't responded already, please contact me by one of the methods above (preferably email) Friday 6th of July with the following details:
- Desire to travel either as player or supporter (there may be a limit to the available accommodation for supporters)
- Day of Arrival (Friday 24th or Saturday 25th) and do you want accommodation?
Depending on the number of people wanting to travel I may need to resort to selecting a team, but that is unlikely to be a luxury that I have!
Please pass on the word to anyone else over 35 that you think would be interested and let's get a good showing from ORFC!